Old 15-02-2003, 08:27 AM
Julia

Default lifespan of a rose

farmgal wrote:
I'm in Yolo County, and the Capay Valley cemetary near here dates back to
about 1860. It is still in active use today. The roses don't get regular
care; ie; pruning and fertilizing, but it does get water and has daily
supervision and is quite rural, so the level of vandalism is quite low. I've
got a few cuttings from it which are starting to takeoff. Would love to
visit both Sac and Placerville this spring!

Here's a website with info on the Sac cemetery,

http://home.inreach.com/verlaine/roses/index.html

Are there any old roses in the Capay Valley cemetery? I just checked
Mapquest, you're not too far from Yosemite, are you? What an
interesting place to live!