Old 27-04-2006, 10:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donwill

Default Salix Cottetii (Willow Tree)

"Jacqui" wrote in message

Hi everyone.

I have just got two of the above trees and am finding it hard to find
information on them.

I have a large garden and wish to plant these near my hedge at the
bottom of the garden. The house and drainage system is about 35 or so
foot away, so think that will be ok?

Does anyone know anything about these trees? Any help would be
appreciated.

Only know that they were started in Germany (as that is where I got
them) and they prefer wetish soil.

Doh can you tell I am the new gardener haha, you will be hearing from
me often!!

Thanks in advance

It's understand it's a cross S. Retusa x S. Myrsinifolia and is described
as a small prostrate shrub, probably suitable for the rock garden, relativly
fast growing producing attractive fresh green foliage and effective ground
cover. (From Willows The genus Salix, by Christopher Newsholme)

Good Luck
Donwill