Old 15-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default Pump goes on and off

It pumps when it runs.
There is no click when it shuts off
Incredibly hot when it runs, and then goes off till it cools down and runs
again
No red reset button

I opened the pump to the impeller and there is no obstruction

Thanks for continuing help

--
_______________________________________
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."

"Bill" wrote in message
om...

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
My pipes from my pump to the filter broke and spewed water all over the
pump. Since then the pump will run for 30 seconds, shut off for few

minutes
and run again. Why is this so? I'll appreciate all helps!

Does it pump water when it runs?
Is there a sharp click when it shuts off?
Does it seem to get hot?
Does it have a little red manual reset button?

I'm guessing that it runs till it overheats, shuts off till it cools,
then runs again. Perhaps a piece of PVC went down the pipe the wrong way

and
is stuck in your impeller?

---