Old 27-04-2006, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Sparse flowering Bergenia

What does the panel think is the secret of getting shy-to-flower
Bergenias to perform?

I have a smaller leaved pink variety (can't remember the name) which has
spread slowly in the last few years but been disappointing as regards
flowering. I've read that a sunny position is best but this one is in
the sun most of the day. It gets some garden compost when I mulch the
border. A Bressingham White, in another bed that's shaded in the
afternoons, flowers it's head off every year. Do I need to feed the
first
one more, or less, or just give up and find a better one?

--
Sue