Old 27-04-2006, 09:25 PM posted to rec.ponds
~ janj

Default Shelf life of pond bacteria

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:50:36 GMT, "Snooze" wrote:

Incidently I emailed the owner of Koi Care Kennel about their product.

Me: "What is in koizyme? Specifically what kind of bacteria and what
micronutrients are in it?"

Them: "The information you have requested about KoiZyme is not public
knowledge. That would be the formula for the product. Im sorry we can't give
out that information.

Tom Holder, owner
Koi Care Kennel, Inc.

I never believe any company that hides behind the excuse of "proprietary
formula." Any potential competitor would just send a sample to a lab and
soon know not only which micronutrients are in there, and in what quantity.
A few bucks more, and they'd even know what bacteria are in the bottle.

Good research. I too was skeptical of Koizyme, but I called rather than
used e-mail, when it first came out. My main point of the call was what was
different about it in regards to any other bacteria for filter start up?

What I heard was believable and figured it was worth a try. Especially
since I have rock around the edges and my koi are known to get nicks every
now and then.... and when I was over stocked I ended up loosing a few to
ulcers.

Since then I've been using the koizyme for 3 years and so far so good. I do
currently have one fish that went into winter with a small mark on its
nose. So far the mark hasn't gotten worst an I'm hoping with warmer temps,
and Koizyme it will not need further treatment. ~ jan
See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a