Old 15-03-2003, 04:08 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Trees with DEEP roots...?

Whenever you decide on what you want to plant, consider this
possibility. Get a fence post auger with a 3 foot 4 inch auger drill bit
and drill about 8 holes in a circle and fill with soft rock, organic
fertilizer and compost. This will break up your soil and create root
wells where the tree roots will grow into seeking the nutrients and
anchoring the tree very well. In 3-5 year, the area around the tree will
be entirely friable and you will have one heck of a healthly, tall tree.

J. Kolenovsky
http://www.celestialhabitats.com

JNJ wrote:
=

I am looking for a few species of trees with deep roots -- the deeper, =

the
better. I want to ease some water issues we're having on our property,=

mostly from water that is deeper in the ground than it is at the surfac=

e.
I'm considering Poplar & Alder -- already have a Willow & a Sycamore, a=

nd
I'm not entirely certain a Birch would work well.
=

Any other suggestions?
=

James