Old 28-04-2006, 08:55 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Bare Root Lilies

hi,
i have two that are "bareroot" due to the fact all the dirt washed out
of their pots sometime back. the rhizomes are about 6 years old, stuck
in their pots and don't float. they have flowered every year. if they
had died, i wouldn't have minded since i prefer hyacinthes, but they
are holding their own.
have to mention i'm a long time lurking reader of rec.ponds and enjoy
the group, despite the trolls.

CanadianPonderŠ wrote:

Has anybody had success putting in their lilies bare root in your pond ?
I think it was Derek who suggested it. My lilies are coming in soon and
I am still debating on this. I love the advantages of not having to pot
these things but I don't see any mention of bare root lilies in ponds
anywhere on the web. There has to be a payoff somewhere going bare root.