Old 28-04-2006, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Advice needed Rosemary

Pest Effects writes

adamtgreen wrote:
Hello,

I bought a house back in September that had what appeared to be 2
thriving Rosemary bushes on the back garden. When tidying the garden
we
cut them back slightly and they seemed fine, however, one of the
plants
(or indeed half of the plant) appears to be dieing or has died. The
other half though looks like it's thriving and has flowered. I
wondered
if anybody knows whether I can save the dieing part (which we really
want to do) or whether it's a lost cause.

A lot of rosemary bushes and lavenders have died because they've become
infested with rosemary leaf beetles. Look out for beautiful metallic
green and purple coloured adults and the light grey with dark striped
larvae.

Only in those few areas of the country where it has arrived as an
introduced species - see the RHS link:

http://www.rhs.org.uk/learning/resea...ary_beetle.asp
--
Kay