Old 28-04-2006, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Me here

Default options to screen out fence and annoying neighbours!

"KC" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi

I am fairly new to the garden, I have an east facing 4ft fence with my
neighbours. During the summer the neigbours children (little monsters!)
always disrupt my BBQs by sticking their head through the fence and
being a general nuisance

Is there anything i can grow that can block this fence and possibly
grow higher? Are climbers a good idea?

Stinging nettles are a good stopper.
Alternatively erect another screen, such as a trellis about a meter in from
the original fence and grow some trailing plants up it.
Failing that tell their parents to control the little bast**ds or you'll
chop off the next head that appears and ****es you off.