Old 28-04-2006, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Green beans: cheapo support options using twine

" writes
I am a newbie planning to plant out some green beans, which I have
already started off in the kitchen (current height is 12 to 18 inches).
Planting out this weekend in Yorks if there is no frost.

Question: I will plant the beans up against wooden fence panels. Will a
few lengths of twine strung laterally across the fence panels be OK for
support? The site is pretty well sheltered from the wind.

Whereabouts in Yorks? I'm in NW Leeds and we can have frost up to first
week of June.
--
Kay