Old 28-04-2006, 07:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan

Default tame garden birds

Two very large compost bins (£15 each, post free + free kitchen caddy
i.e. bucket with lid) turned up yesterday thanks to a link recently
posted on this group.

http://www.recyclenow.com/home_compo...your_area.html

Enter your postcode to see if there are any cheap deals in your area
The bins were supplied to me in partnership with Essex County Council.

I spent most of the day building the bins and transferring a very large
unruly pile of garden waste built up during the past year to these bins.

What surprised me was that within a few minutes of starting two Robins
appeared. I haven't seen any before in my garden in the last 20 years -
the cat population usually ensures the few birds now feed in gardens
local to me. Although they were slightly wary at first, within half an
hour I had to be careful not to injure them as they were feeding within
inches of my fork as I was transferring the pile to the bins.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com