Old 28-04-2006, 10:11 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Bare Root Lilies

*Note: There are TWO "Koi-Lo's" on this NG*

"CanadianPonderŠ" wrote in message
Has anybody had success putting in their lilies bare root in your pond ?

Derek has good luck with bare root lilies. I can't even grow them in fine
gravel. To get nice leaves and flowers I have to use soil and fertilizer
sticks. I cover the soil with gravel. His water must contain something
mine doesn't. Or maybe the other pond plants I have use up the nutrients
the lilies need.

I think it was Derek who suggested it. My lilies are coming in soon and I
am still debating on this. I love the advantages of not having to pot
these things but I don't see any mention of bare root lilies in ponds
anywhere on the web. There has to be a payoff somewhere going bare root.

You can try just plain gravel......
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.