Old 29-04-2006, 02:54 AM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Bare Root Lilies

Some of ours were pulled from their rock-filled pans. They are bare root
below milk crates. They have thrived! Done better than their panned
peers. We are debating barerooting some more. Our pond is 24" deep and the
roots stable under the crated. They may have collected some muck in the
roots.

Jim

--
See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/pwp-jameshurley
Ask me about Jog A Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"CanadianPonderŠ" wrote in message
Has anybody had success putting in their lilies bare root in your pond ?
I think it was Derek who suggested it. My lilies are coming in soon and
I am still debating on this. I love the advantages of not having to pot
these things but I don't see any mention of bare root lilies in ponds
anywhere on the web. There has to be a payoff somewhere going bare root.