Old 28-04-2006, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue

Default Sparse flowering Bergenia

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote
"Sue" wrote
What does the panel think is the secret of getting shy-to-flower
Bergenias to perform?

snip

They do seem to do OK even in fairly dry semi shade as well as full
sun. I would give the pink one a final chance (punishment) by chopping
it right back and depriving it of any food.
At the very least you will get some very attractive young light green
leaves and my guess is that it will surprise you with flowers also.

Ok, I'll give it a short back and sides and starvation rations. If that
doesn't work I can always blame you.

Thanks Rupert.

--
Sue