Old 29-04-2006, 02:39 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default plant housecleaning

I got rid of all my non-orchid plants (except for the bay leaf tree, but
that is David's plant, and it's an honorary orchid, so that's ok). But I
gave away my 5 houseplants that were not orchids, and I threw away one
orchid that was dieing and gave away another orchid that was not doing very
well (and was a near duplicate of one that is doing very well).

So now I am down to only 48 orchids, and I can get 2 more new orchids, and I
will still have less of a watering burden because the non-orchids are gone.
:-)

Plus my cochleanthes amazonica now needs to be watered less frequently
because it has been repotted into semi-hydroponics.

Having a baby, means that I don't have as much time anymore (so watering
plants that I am not emotionally invested in is no longer a good idea, hence
the plant housecleaning), but I am still an orchid addict, and have been
deprived of new orchids too long. Must do something about these withdrawal
symptoms. I guess I will have to check out Al's again. It is a shame that he
is almost out of Phals. That picture he posted to abpo really made me feel
sorry for him. ;-)

Joanna