Old 29-04-2006, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Andy

Default tame garden birds

Robins are always like that - I've had them in the kitchen before. They
always
come down to see what you're up to if you're tidying up or digging. You hear
this very soft warbling, look around, and there one is, sitting on the fork
handle! Where do you live that you haven't seen a Robin in 20 years?

Andy.
"Alan" wrote in message

Two very large compost bins (£15 each, post free + free kitchen caddy i.e.
bucket with lid) turned up yesterday thanks to a link recently posted on
this group.

http://www.recyclenow.com/home_compo...your_area.html

Enter your postcode to see if there are any cheap deals in your area
The bins were supplied to me in partnership with Essex County Council.

I spent most of the day building the bins and transferring a very large
unruly pile of garden waste built up during the past year to these bins.

What surprised me was that within a few minutes of starting two Robins
appeared. I haven't seen any before in my garden in the last 20 years -
the cat population usually ensures the few birds now feed in gardens local
to me. Although they were slightly wary at first, within half an hour I
had to be careful not to injure them as they were feeding within inches of
my fork as I was transferring the pile to the bins.

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com