Old 29-04-2006, 08:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
jtill

Default Ocidiums in Baskets?

I have this huge Oncidium that I bought off Ebay two years ago. It
is/was hard to pot. I have lost the tag and had it in a plastic weave
basket with Lava Rock. It is starting to grow but I was unhappy with
the whole arrangement. Put it into a Coconut Fiber lined hanging basket
and that looks "Right". Can I just not fill the basket? Fill with
PrimeAgra? Moss? L. Rock? Do I just water it when the fiber dries out?
Keep it damp? Can other than Vandas be potted successfully this way? In
an empty basket?
Joe T
Houston
"Why take the easy route"