Old 29-04-2006, 04:07 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Water Lily - no Pond

wrote in message
oups.com...

So I impulsively bought a water lily at Lowe's. It was encased in a
plastic container, surrounded in a granola looking clay material. I
took it home and found a deep pot that will hold water, at least 16
inches tall. I took it out of it's outer plastic container, stuck in
in the water, then filled the pot with pebbles, becuase it seemed like
the thing to do.

So, can I expect this to do anything? Will it just grow like that?
It's been there for about a week, and I'm not quite sure but I think it
may have started to grow a bit. I'm in the northeast, near Allentown
Pennsylvania. What can I expect?

*Note: There are TWO "Koi-Lo's" on this NG*

I grow them in anything that will hold water. I do plant mine in lined
(with old T-shirts) pond-plant pots and fertilize them with Jobe's rose
spikes chopped into 3rds or 4ths. Some water lilies get huge though and
need something larger than those commonly seen wash tubs.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.