Old 29-04-2006, 08:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
H Ryder

Default Dead shredder

My shredding addiction has suffered a setback - the shredder died this
morning.
Bosch 2000 working brilliantly then it started clogging - husband
dismantled, cleared clog. On restart it just isn't doing the job any more

it
appears to be blunt. At £200 for about 6hrs shredding this seems a bit
expensive. Anyone else had the same problem?

I too had exactly the same addiction with the same result - it was not a
Bosch 2000 - think that it was a B&D something. It happened twice, first I
got it repaired, second time I gave up. After talking to guy in repair shop
and various others it seems that the average "garden shredder" is not
actually for serious shredding but for disposing of the occasional pruning.
I was told that I'd be better off with a big semi industrial thing if I
wanted to shred lots of stuff and this proved prohibitally expensive

--
Hayley
(gardening on well drained, alkaline clay in Somerset)