Old 30-04-2006, 12:57 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pennyaline

Default Weeping Willow - Too Close??

wrote:
This is the "silly person" you were talking about and you know what?
You're a jerk. You don't know me in the slightest bit to call me a
silly person. Eric (utseay) was not asking what kind of person I am,
he was asking a question about trees. I have my opinions on the issue,
which are very valid and you have no right to make assumptions on what
kind of person I am and what career I should be pursuing . I actually
AM pursuing a career in design, so I know a little bit about what I'm
talking about with layouts. I don't care how friekin big a willow
gets, we would not be able to enjoy the space that is created between
the willows at all by the time he sells this house years down the road.
I understand that *********ALL************* small, newly planted trees
look weird, no matter how you place them, BUT that's not the point.
Besides, the DIRECTIONS say 45 feet apart is fine. Obviously you
didn't write the directions, although it sounds like you think you
should've. Long story short... get a life besides criticizing random
people om message boards, thanks.

PS Oh and I have 20/20 vision.
PPS Go screw yourself. maybe you won't be so miserable.

Good for you, my dear. Good for you. I'm pleased that you're taking up a
career in design. Soon, you may understand that design isn't just a
spatial thing. It concerns me, however, that you may fail to internalize
any concept at all of the impact your actions have on posterity. You
need greater understanding of the future other than how *you* might be
effected by it.

Willows can reach monstrous size quite quickly, but in the event that
they don't they certainly will by the time "Eric" sells the house.
Correct? So, it doesn't matter how close the trees are to Eric, correct?
Or to you either, correct?

Might it make a difference to the people who Eric is counting on to buy
the house? Yes indeed, especially if they find themselves with crowding
trees and perilous/damaging overhangs and the possibility of having to
take one or both of them down.

Big whippy, you say? You would.

PS Oh, and your 20/20 vision? It'll be gone in less than twenty years.
Thought you should know. DAMN that future!
PPS I think anyone compelled to screw him or herself *would* be
miserable, so your logic fails on that point. You may need a good screw,
though (or someone close to you).

discuss