Old 29-04-2006, 09:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
J Fortuna

Default plant housecleaning

Diana,

Good advice, but too late. We just returned from Al's this very moment, and
I chose the orchids in Robert's stead. I got two orchids, both of them in
bud/spike and not in flower (since I have so many in flower but very little
is spiking for me right now). I bought these:

Lc. (Sakura Sky x C Horace) 'Paradise Pink' -- with 3 buds in one
pseudobulb, and another pseudobulb that looks like it is beginning a sheath
as well

Milt Pluto 'Katie' x Arnold Linsman ;Hot Spicey' AM/AOS -- with 4 spikes in
bud

Robert slept through most of the visit at Al's, but then he woke up and
seemed to enjoy some of it, until he got hungry (got to have priorities, and
food is more important than orchids).

Altogether though it was a good visit. And Al's greenhouse is superb at this
time of year. He has a lot in bloom that's part of his own collection, and a
lot for sale, both Phals and non-Phals.

Joanna

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
. ..
I vote that you take Robert to Al's. Whatever Robert reaches for first will
be your next orchid. Then you can truly tell him it's "his" first orchid!

Diana