Old 29-04-2006, 10:41 PM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-LoŠ

Default Water lily Q

Poor pityfull neighbors you have there. I would start to really make
their life miserable.......maybe they will pick up and leave........I
would be damed if I ever put a timer on my fountain to suit my
neighbors sleep habits, and would instead recomend they move to
another bedroom, or buyt some damed air conditioning or offer em up
some old cigarette butts that they can cram in their ears for plugs!

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 21:11:03 +0100, "BoyPete"
wrote:
~ janj wrote:
On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:32:10 +0100, "BoyPete"
wrote:

I've read somewhere they don't like their pads splashed. No matter
how I arrange lily/fountain, I can't avoid splashing. What will it
do to the lily?

The pads that get splashed won't look so great, the lily will still
survive. I've had lilies that just can't help themselves but grow
towards the water sprout/fall/or fountain for some reason. As far as a
non-splashing fountain the best nozzle is the bell shape, also the
quietest. Which can be a good thing, bad thing, depending on your
location and point of view. ~ jan

-----------------

I like the sound of splashing water when I'm in the garden. I also have a
small water feature, and last summer the neighbours mentioned politely, that
on hot nights when they had windows open, the noise was a little annoying,
so it, and the pond fountain are now on timers.
I 'could' move it to deeper water (30ins) but it would be right next to the
pump (a Hozelock Titan 2000), and I don't think it would like that.

Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1982.
Aquariums since 1956.
Some assholes Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
*Note: There are several *Koi-Lo's* on rec.ponds.
But, I am the one and only original Koi-Lo.