Old 29-04-2006, 11:01 PM posted to rec.ponds

Default Water Lily - no Pond

Koi-Lo wrote:
*Note: There are TWO "Koi-Lo's" on this NG*

wrote in message
ups.com...

Koi-Lo wrote:
I grow them in anything that will hold water. I do plant mine in lined
(with old T-shirts) pond-plant pots and fertilize them with Jobe's rose
spikes chopped into 3rds or 4ths. Some water lilies get huge though and
need something larger than those commonly seen wash tubs.
~~~ }((((o ~~~ }{{{{o ~~~ }(((((o

Cool. I just moved back home for awhile, and yearning for the garden I
had at my own place, I took over my mom's deck and started planting
stuff. She gave me this poor pitiful look when I showed her the water
lily I just bought. "But...we don't have a pond.." she said. I
assured her "it'll grow! I'll just stick it in water!" I wasn't
*positive* but I couldn't imagine why not...

I've seen beautiful water lilies in barrels and those beer or laundry tubs
from the Dollar Stores.

I saw somebody discussing that you could easily devide huge water
lilies in two to put them in separate pots?

Yes, each "eye" with a growing tip is a potential new plant.

Of course letting it grow
too much is the least of my worries. I'll just be happy if it does
something.

Ask here if you need more help or advice, or Google water+lilies or
something similar.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Thanks. And I really like your page BTW. Ever think of linking the
pictures thumbnails to larger versions? I'd like to have a better look
at them!

And frugal anything is good...

-DaveK