Old 30-04-2006, 08:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Reka

Default plant housecleaning

In article QqQ4g.6269$Un3.4319@trnddc05,
says...
~Diana,
~
~Good advice, but too late. We just returned from Al's this very moment, and
~I chose the orchids in Robert's stead. I got two orchids, both of them in
~bud/spike and not in flower (since I have so many in flower but very little
~is spiking for me right now). I bought these:
~
~Lc. (Sakura Sky x C Horace) 'Paradise Pink' -- with 3 buds in one
~pseudobulb, and another pseudobulb that looks like it is beginning a sheath
~as well
~
~Milt Pluto 'Katie' x Arnold Linsman ;Hot Spicey' AM/AOS -- with 4 spikes in
~bud
~
~Robert slept through most of the visit at Al's, but then he woke up and
~seemed to enjoy some of it, until he got hungry (got to have priorities, and
~food is more important than orchids).
~
~Altogether though it was a good visit. And Al's greenhouse is superb at this
~time of year. He has a lot in bloom that's part of his own collection, and a
~lot for sale, both Phals and non-Phals.
~
~Joanna
~
~
~"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
~I vote that you take Robert to Al's. Whatever Robert reaches for first will
~be your next orchid. Then you can truly tell him it's "his" first orchid!
~
~ Diana
~
~
~
~
Thank god I don't have anything even faintly resembling Al's in the
vicinity...
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html