Old 30-04-2006, 05:42 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
Stan Dornfeld

Default Twining plants *interesting..

in ~1949.. I was 9 years old.

My mother had received a "Wood Rose" from Hawaii.

Mother decided to germinate the seeds. The resulting plant was in a pot
with a stake to wind around. We lived in Indio CA. It was summer. HOT!

One day I heard a fairly high frequency creaking sound, not too loud. I
tracked it to the woodrose. As I took time to study the plant I all of a
sudden noticed the tendrils revolving around the stick it was climbing.
What a treat to actually watch a plant grow. *Smile

I seemed to be circling the stick in about 3 minutes. Just an estimate to
convey the speed of growth.

Thought you might find this interesting...

Regards,

Stan-