Old 30-04-2006, 07:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

Default Good quality turf OK for dog ?

mentalguy2004 wrote:
Hi,

As I found your past assistance most useful, I thought I'd try this one:

We are having the back garden slabbed over, with a small (about 12 square
feet) corner left for the dog to use as a toilet when she needs to go and
she's not out on a walk. Cost of 12 square feet of expensive turf isn't
going to bankrupt us, is there a good quality turf we can buy which will be
able to cope with this? Obviously we'll clear up the solids and water the
wee to dilute, but is there anything strong enough to cope with this, and is
there any product we can use to ensure the dog stuff doesn't harm it too
much? She won't go anywhere except on grassy areas, and there's only so many
walks I can manage every day LOL.

I don't know if this will help you but I knew a dog trained to 'go' on
Astroturf, laid in the bows of a boat! It was hosed off regularly, of
course and when really past it, thrown out and a new piece put down.
http://www.artificiallawn.co.uk/
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk