Old 29-04-2006, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mentalguy2004

Default Good quality turf OK for dog ?

Hi,

As I found your past assistance most useful, I thought I'd try this one:

We are having the back garden slabbed over, with a small (about 12 square
feet) corner left for the dog to use as a toilet when she needs to go and
she's not out on a walk. Cost of 12 square feet of expensive turf isn't
going to bankrupt us, is there a good quality turf we can buy which will be
able to cope with this? Obviously we'll clear up the solids and water the
wee to dilute, but is there anything strong enough to cope with this, and is
there any product we can use to ensure the dog stuff doesn't harm it too
much? She won't go anywhere except on grassy areas, and there's only so many
walks I can manage every day LOL.

Old 29-04-2006, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"mentalguy2004" wrote in message
Hi,

As I found your past assistance most useful, I thought I'd try this one:

We are having the back garden slabbed over, with a small (about 12 square
feet) corner left for the dog to use as a toilet when she needs to go and
she's not out on a walk. Cost of 12 square feet of expensive turf isn't
going to bankrupt us, is there a good quality turf we can buy which will
be able to cope with this? Obviously we'll clear up the solids and water
the wee to dilute, but is there anything strong enough to cope with this,
and is there any product we can use to ensure the dog stuff doesn't harm
it too much? She won't go anywhere except on grassy areas, and there's
only so many walks I can manage every day LOL.

I think that calling your wife a dog really is not amusing:-)
I know of no turf that will accept continual dog pee--a divorce may solve
your problems.

Old 30-04-2006, 07:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha

mentalguy2004 wrote:
Hi,

As I found your past assistance most useful, I thought I'd try this one:

We are having the back garden slabbed over, with a small (about 12 square
feet) corner left for the dog to use as a toilet when she needs to go and
she's not out on a walk. Cost of 12 square feet of expensive turf isn't
going to bankrupt us, is there a good quality turf we can buy which will be
able to cope with this? Obviously we'll clear up the solids and water the
wee to dilute, but is there anything strong enough to cope with this, and is
there any product we can use to ensure the dog stuff doesn't harm it too
much? She won't go anywhere except on grassy areas, and there's only so many
walks I can manage every day LOL.

I don't know if this will help you but I knew a dog trained to 'go' on
Astroturf, laid in the bows of a boat! It was hosed off regularly, of
course and when really past it, thrown out and a new piece put down.
http://www.artificiallawn.co.uk/
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-04-2006, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave P

"mentalguy2004" wrote in message
Hi,

As I found your past assistance most useful, I thought I'd try this one:

We are having the back garden slabbed over, with a small (about 12 square
feet) corner left for the dog to use as a toilet when she needs to go and
she's not out on a walk. Cost of 12 square feet of expensive turf isn't
going to bankrupt us, is there a good quality turf we can buy which will
be able to cope with this? Obviously we'll clear up the solids and water
the wee to dilute, but is there anything strong enough to cope with this,
and is there any product we can use to ensure the dog stuff doesn't harm
it too much? She won't go anywhere except on grassy areas, and there's
only so many walks I can manage every day LOL.

There's a product called Dog's Rocks I think. You bung them in the dogs
water. Dont use, just saw the blurb somewhere.

http://tinyurl.com/l3bbs

Dave

Old 30-04-2006, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

"Dave P" wrote in message

[...]

That's interesting and you have given more constructive advice than my
feeble effort, however, I can't see how zeolite in water removes nitrogen.
How does it work?

Old 30-04-2006, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave P

That's interesting and you have given more constructive advice than my
feeble effort, however, I can't see how zeolite in water removes nitrogen.
How does it work?

No idea! I've seen the product in articles in a few of the weekend papers
now but thats the limit of my knowledge.

Dave

high quality nhl jersey ice jersey Cheap high quality fashionwear11 Gardening 0 08-05-2010 03:14 AM
Turf quality question... Aquila United Kingdom 2 08-06-2006 04:53 PM
Turf on top of turf flashman Lawns 5 09-03-2006 10:10 PM
New turf lawn - joins and turf quality Muzz United Kingdom 0 30-06-2005 01:08 PM
Turf on Turf Mike P. United Kingdom 1 22-06-2003 11:20 AM