Old 30-04-2006, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)

Default 2 colourful types between 2 and 3 foot tall

"nrgsav" wrote in message

Hi I am new here so i would like to take the opportunity to say hi and
also how wonderful it is to disover this kind of discussion available
on the internet!

I have set aside a part of my garden which is just in view from the
kitchen window and would like to add some colour, hopefully you can
help.

I am looking for two or three types of flowers to plant which will
provide me with a mass of colour. One i would like to spread out and
fill an area but also stand about 2 feet high. The other I would like
to see standing prominently above this and holding a different colour
possibly on stalks.

Can you suggest anything for me?

With thanks.

Rob

--
nrgsav

There are so many choices and only you know your favourite colours and soil
conditions.
For the height things (on a stalk) I like Eupatoriums and Thalictrums
available in several colours.
You could have a crack at using this link:-
http://www.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantselector/default.aspx