Old 30-04-2006, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Frank Smith

Default Slug / Snail control

tom&barbara wrote:
No I haven't. I haven't heard of this method before so will be
watching this thread with interest. Do you just put the tape around
the plants you want protected?
Sounds like a good method to me, if it works.

Gail

The stuff that I have is called 'Slug Stopa Tape'. It seems that when
slugs try to cross it an electrical charge is generated and this tickles
their feet and puts them off. It doesn't kill them. You attach it
around the pot but I have to say I didn't find it all that effective in
preventing damage to my hostas but I shall persevere this year.

Frank