Old 30-04-2006, 03:10 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma

Default Groundhog problems...

"Frank" wrote in
ups.com:

I use Hav-a-hart and transport to park. Transporting in
trunk of car, you will probably not be caught, and I cannot
imagine getting into serious trouble if caught.

hefty fine. seriously, no one wants you freaking problem
foisted off on them. if you think they are a pest in your
yard, why do you want to move them to someone elses property?
just kill it & be done with it.

One of my neighbors traps them but puts trap in garbage can
and drowns them. Another neighbor shoots with his .22.

that's the sensible solution. even in a suburb i don't see
why a point blank shot to the head of a trapped groundhog
would be illegal. it's not like you're shooting into the air.
i know guns are illegal in NYC, and shooting within X yards of
a dwelling, but you would be shooting down towards the ground.
it's not like you could accidentally hit something besides the
trapped groundhog. i'd discuss that option with the local PD &
animal control.
lee

--
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the
guise of