Old 30-04-2006, 08:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Default Pressurised pond filters - any good?

How grateful I am to be working with veggie filter ponds instead of smaller
filters. Drain them once a year (or even 2 years) and forget the clog
stuff. Could you manage a vegie filter so the plant roots can strain the
muck instead of you?

Jim

--
See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/pwp-jameshurley
Ask me about Jog A Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net
wrote in message
I'm having to clean my current uv/filter (a Hozelock model) every few
days. I enquired at a local supplier about a larger replacement and
was steered towards a Oase Filtoclear pressurised model.

I thought I read somewhere these were not up to much but cannot find
the reference now, anyone have one of these or any views on
pressurised filters in general?

tnx

John W