Old 30-04-2006, 10:39 AM posted to rec.ponds

Default Pressurised pond filters - any good?

I'm having to clean my current uv/filter (a Hozelock model) every few
days. I enquired at a local supplier about a larger replacement and
was steered towards a Oase Filtoclear pressurised model.

I thought I read somewhere these were not up to much but cannot find
the reference now, anyone have one of these or any views on
pressurised filters in general?

tnx

John W
Old 30-04-2006, 03:13 PM posted to rec.ponds
Bill Stock

wrote in message
I'm having to clean my current uv/filter (a Hozelock model) every few
days. I enquired at a local supplier about a larger replacement and
was steered towards a Oase Filtoclear pressurised model.

I thought I read somewhere these were not up to much but cannot find
the reference now, anyone have one of these or any views on
pressurised filters in general?

My Cyprio Bioforce 500 plugs almost everyday during high sludge periods
(startup). There just isn't enough surface area for the foam. I think it
would have to be hugely oversized to be much good.

Old 30-04-2006, 04:20 PM posted to rec.ponds

I used 4500 model (UK) for nearly three years. It certainly worked, i.e.
cleared the pond of debris and algae, but in mid summer needed cleaning
every few days, which drove me up the wall.
I now have an Oase 15000, which I bought for the same price as the next
smaller model, so I got a fantastic bargain.
I am very satisfied with it. It's been going a couple of months this year so
far and I haven't had to dismantle anything yet. in fact I've only cleaned
the sponges twice by using the handle mechanism, which gets rid of lots of
muck.
The flowrate through the filter doesn't seem to vary much at all (i.e.
either whethr the sponges are clean or dirty), and sonce my pond is only
about 1200 gals max, the filter could be partially blocked yet still allow
sufficient circulation for the pond.
In short, if you get the right model for teh pond you won't regret it!

Old 30-04-2006, 08:44 PM posted to rec.ponds
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

How grateful I am to be working with veggie filter ponds instead of smaller
filters. Drain them once a year (or even 2 years) and forget the clog
stuff. Could you manage a vegie filter so the plant roots can strain the
muck instead of you?

Jim

--
See our pond at: home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/pwp-jameshurley
Ask me about Jog A Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Pressurised filters question Ponds 30 25-08-2004 02:28 AM
Pressurised filters question Ponds 0 14-08-2004 08:08 PM
Veggie Filters vs UV Filters ?? Dr Solo matrix Ponds 0 05-05-2004 04:06 AM
Veggie Filters vs UV Filters ?? (Joe) (Thank You All) Bette E Ponds 0 03-05-2004 08:02 AM
Veggie Filters vs UV Filters ?? Thanks-- Ooops ! More. Bette E Ponds 0 29-04-2004 10:10 PM