Old 01-05-2006, 04:08 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default How to trace leak

wrote in message
oups.com...

As I have said I checked the ground between the two sumps and it is dry
when the pump is working. I have checked the ground on either side of
the waterfall and it is dry.

============================
*Note: There are TWO "Koi-Lo's" on this NG*

Is it possible there's a leak in the sump itself?

We just had to buy an new $100 liner today for one of my 680g tanks because
there's a leak we can't find either. In my case I believe something small
and sharp pierced the tarp, thin plastic tank bottom and inner plastic
(shipping) liner. It's losing 1 1/2" to 2" a day. And we're right in the
middle of repairing the berm on the 800g inground pond out front......
*sigh* ..... it rained us out today.

Please let me know if you do find the leak and where it was. Good luck.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.