Old 01-05-2006, 04:39 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
MaryL

Default Grass under fence....

"Dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Someone said to me to spray glyphosphate on a straight line below the
(cedar wood) fence we have, to kill the grass there and make a small
border. Its a pain to strim the grass, I keep ripping off parts of the
fence surface.

Tips and alternatives welcomed here. Fence is around 300' long around
the whole yard.

Thanks

Dean

I applied a very thin line of RoundUp at the edge of a chain link fence at
my previous home. It was almost impossible to trim along that fence! It
looked bad for awhile after the first application because everything was
then just brown and dead-looking (which it was). However, I found that the
brown eventually disintegrated, leaving a *very* thin (if you are careful)
area of soil, and it was easy to maintain that by very occasional
reapplications of RoundUp.