Old 01-05-2006, 02:28 PM posted to rec.ponds
Derek Broughton

Default Water lily Q

~ janj wrote:

I like the sound of splashing water when I'm in the garden. I also have a
small water feature, and last summer the neighbours mentioned politely,
that on hot nights when they had windows open, the noise was a little
annoying,

I have some frogs that would make your neighbors appreciate the music from
the fountain. BEG

Neighbours! Who needs them...

I 'could' move it to deeper water (30ins) but it would be right next to
the pump (a Hozelock Titan 2000), and I don't think it would like that.

I know my lilies prefer/preform better at 2 feet, perhaps you could
straddle the pump with a shelf to set the lily on? ~ jan

Go deep - the pump isn't a problem.
--
derek