Old 01-05-2006, 08:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Transplant shock? or dead plants?

Hello,

Some of the bare-roots I planted 3 weeks ago haven't done anything yet.
How long should I keep something before deciding that it's dead? I
know there is such a thing as root shock or transplant shock, but I
don't know much about it. What do you think?

I'll bet there's a way to tell -- like "snap one of the twigs and see
if it's green inside", or something like that.

This question applies to trees and rosebushes.

Thank you very much.

Ted Shoemaker

I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.
- (Douglas Adams)