Old 02-05-2006, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Pennyaline

Default Groundhog problems...

enigma wrote:
wrote in
oups.com:

You and I are on the same wavelength about trap/release -
hence my questions.

I think air rifle is the way to go.

oh, good. i know that trap & release *sounds* like it's
humane, but it's really not.

Drowning -- a garbage pail is what I had in mind, not a
bucket.

how big is your trap? my bigger Hav-a-Hart won't completely
fit in a normal size garbage pail. it'd fit a small coyote
though, so it's pretty big for groundhogs.
drowning is fairly quick, but i don't like doing it.

Drowning is NOT quick and it is certainly not humane. I don't care how
much the little ******* is inconveniencing you!

If you do choose to drown an animal, you are hereby cursed to be
rendered motionless at the animal's side with your eyes riveted on it
through the entire time, able to neither turn away nor avert your gaze.
And then, when it's all over, I curse you with the memory of an elephant.

What animal could possibly be bothering you THAT MUCH?