Old 02-05-2006, 01:00 AM posted to rec.ponds
Koi-Lo

Default Shelf life of pond bacteria

Worthless to all except those that sell or make the worthless
junk.....For all you know they use old left over bakers yeast or dogs
bath water and bottle it all up and make a small fortune from the
sales of it..... But if it makes ya feel good go for it......
On Mon, 01 May 2006 23:48:06 GMT, "utsuri99"
wrote:
It has been proven through tests that NONE of these additives do anything,
good or bad, to a pond. They are worthless.

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message
Moments before taking that leap of faith into the pond Snooze at
was heard opining:

"Koi-Lo" wrote in message

I've had ponds since 1995 and never added anything but KoiZyme which
is supposed to out-compete the bacteria that cause ulcer-disease of
koi and GF. I believe it works as this disease has not occurred
since I've been adding it to my ponds. I buy it fresh and add it
every spring.

Have you read the faq for their product? http://www.koizyme.com/faq.html
"This is due to the fact that Koizyme only lives in your pond for 3
to 4 days (it has gone through it's complete life cycle at that
point)."
Even if it was bottled only 1 month before you purchased it, the
stuff has gone through 10 life cycles. Or am I supposed to believe in
the bottle it undergoes some kind of suspended animation.

Believe what you choose and need to believe. I purchase it every spring,
use it until I run out and haven't had a problem with ulcer disease since.

"The Koizyme bacteria's do not consume ammonia or nitrites, therefore
they do not compete with your filter."

I didn't say they did. I said what I added to my ponds.

Of course not, it died 3-4 days after it was bottled. Plus you claim
to prevent something

So they're selling DEAD KoiZyme that works!!!!

"KoiZyme - the pro-biotic that effectively prevents Ulcer Disease.
KoiZyme
contains no chemicals, no medications and no antibiotics of
any kind. It is a proprietary, organic preparation of non-pathogenic
bacteria, enzymes and micro-nutrients, and it works on the
established principle of an accepted scientific process widely known
in commercial aquaculture management called Competitive Exclusion."

Exactly!

It only works if you fail to understand what competitive exclusion
is. Based on the faq, at best it's a brief competitor. No way it can
achieve competitive exclusion and die off in 4 days.

Wow!!! So they're selling a useless DEAD product that works!!!! It's
wonder they get away with such a crime. Actually I couldn't care less if
it's dead or alive as long as it works - and it does.
--
Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

Koi-Lo....
Frugal ponding since 1982.
Aquariums since 1956.
Some assholes Pond & Aquarium Pages:
http://tinyurl.com/9do58
*Note: There are several *Koi-Lo's* on rec.ponds.
But, I am the one and only original Koi-Lo.