Old 01-05-2006, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

Default keeping the cat off the seed beds ??

Kay wrote in reply to Colin
I have a cat which keeps using my newly planted seeds beds as litter
trays.

Obviously I don't want to hurt her or other cats and I want to be
organic .

So are there any ways I can keep her away from the seed beds.

I have at the moment covered them with fleece but this is not very
attractive !

I did see on an episode of Gardeners world that they soaked a tea bag
in something and then dug it into the ground , anyone know what it was
they did ?

please only sensible suggestions , nothing about killing cats as I do
actually like mine

Stick 6inch long twigs into the ground on the seed beds about 4-6 inches
apart. They've got enough intelligence that they won't actually impale
themselves.

We used to use last years pea sticks just layed on the soil, and for added
safety make another seed bed somewhere else where you won't plant any seeds.
But don't tell the cats it's a dummy. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden