Old 02-05-2006, 11:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz

Default Interesting eggplants

Pete from Boston said:

I'm thinking of growing some of those round green Thai eggplants this
year, and I'm hunting out some small red ones that looked like plum
tomatoes that I had once. Anyone got any other
"grow-them-yourself-becasue-they're-hard-to-find-in-stores" eggplant
suggestions?

Ross beat me to it! I also recommend 'Fairy Tale.' Excellent little
eggplant. It is, hands down,the best tasting and most productive of
the small eggplants I've tried.

Another eggplant variety I like is 'Neon' which seems to have suffered
from a seed crop failure this year. This is a white-fleshed (firm-textured)
type of eggplant. The fruit color is a bright pink/violet -- very eyecatching.

(attributed to Don Marti)