Old 02-05-2006, 12:18 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Jo

Default Wood chips for play area

wrote:
Does anyone know if the woodchips available (rather cheaply) at the
Raleigh yard waste center are suitable for putting under my 10 month
old's swingset? Other suggestions would be appreciated also.

Steve

Do you really need them yet? I would think at 10 months that your baby
still needs you to carry him/her to the swing and put them in it and
take them out and stay with them. You might want to wait and get them
next year when the baby is doing things on his/her own and then you
could get a good quality surface area.

I found this guy online when I was searching for some soil perviously,
you might want to check out what he has.

http://www.areamulchandsoils.com/playground_mulches.htm

Jo