Old 03-05-2006, 01:29 AM posted to rec.gardens
Layne

Default Apartment Container gardening

Hi,

Sounds like you are overwatering most of your plants. Like the
previous responder said different types of plants require different
watering schedules. Also, different types of pots tend to dry out
quicker or slower. Plastic pots tend to hold moisture in longer and
your watering every day is causing an overly wet root environment.
This would be fine if you were growing something like taro or papyrus.
Also different plants require different fertilizer.

One of the common mistakes of beginning gardeners is killing the
plants with too much love by overwatering and over fertilizing and by
lumping all the plants together in regards to care.

Layne

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 05:44:06 +0000, yellowhat
wrote:

Hello,
I am a resident of South India and I live in an apartment with two
balconies, one facing the east and the other facing the west. I have
quite a number of plants in my two small balconies. I use plastic
containers and water daily in our humid region. I apply organic
fertilizer every other week. But my plants rarely produce flowers. Some
just wilt and die. Others have large leaves but no flowers. Some have
smaller than normal leaves or yellow leaves. I have found that there
are numerous tiny snails in the soil. Can anyone please tell me what i
am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance for your help.

YH