Old 02-05-2006, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Gardner

Default Slug / Snail control

"Mike" wrote in
:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message .com
from "tom&barbara" contains these words:

Hi Janet,

I consider myself told off.

You weren't told off. (Ignore the trolls trying to stir things up;
trolls are pests whose only interest is to disrupt groups with lies
and childish insults). I was offering you some valuable and essential
help.

with a sledge hammer and certainly in a very unfriendly manner and
until your attitude changes to the newcomers and newbies on this
newsgroup, I for one 'as a regular', will point out that you are not
the only one here and that you should abide by a little thing called
'courtesy'. A word seemingly missing in your vocabulary.

For some reason you have snipped her long and helpful comment. Why?

Besides, it isn't really possible for old hands to individually
educate every newcomer as to the technologies characteristics
and the etiquette for using them. That's why FAQs exist and
why newcomer should take the trouble to find, read, and
understand them. Anything else and the newcomer appears to
be a boor.

That's true of all technologies which have a strong social
component, e.g. telephones, ham radio, CB radio, email, web page
style etc etc. And yes, 70 years ago there were FAQs telling people
about the appropriate etiquette when using a telephone.