Old 02-05-2006, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

Default water butt

On Tue, 2 May 2006 21:20:48 +0100, NC wrote
(in message ):

Tempted to get a water butt (why not hop on the bandwagon!). However,
its main use would be to water the lawn. I usually use a lawn sprinkler
- the pressure in the cold main driving the jets. Would anything like
this be possible with a water butt, or would I have to put it on the
roof to get the needed presure ?!
My veg patch isn't big enough to warrant a butt just for watering this.

Gravity alone will empty a water butt quite slowly- it will be just a trickle
compared to what you are hoping for. But you can buy "water butt pumps" that
will give you the desired water pressure, or something similar.

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)