Old 03-05-2006, 05:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Suggestions for a wooden Tree Bench? and a sneaky question regarding Mint...

"naomi" wrote in message

Hi All,

Looking for a nice tree bench to go around our elm tree in our garden.
The trunk is around 1 meter in length (diameter?). Can someone give me
some pointers? We don’t really want steel, and we certainly don’t want
anything that needs painting regularly if at all. Any suggestions? We
saw a really nice round one which I think was made out of teak but it
cost £1400, which is above our budget. We did not want to spend much
more the 500 or a bit more if it’s worth it. Would appreciate any
feedback.

299 quid:
http://gardens.perfectbuy.co.uk/prod...ort=1&toggle=1

more via google with round trunk "tree seat"

Also, as an aside question, we grow mint in our garden and we drink it
with tea, but this year there are many greenflies on it. What is the
best way to get rid without making the mint unusable?

Pick the mint and rinse the greenfly of with water

Sorry for being cheeky and asking two questions in the same post.

Not a problem, but you might get better reply's if you post each question
seperatly :~)

Many Thanks,
Naomi.

Jenny