Old 03-05-2006, 06:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
NC

Default water butt

chris French wrote:
In message , NC
writes

Tempted to get a water butt (why not hop on the bandwagon!). However,
its main use would be to water the lawn. I usually use a lawn
sprinkler - the pressure in the cold main driving the jets. Would
anything like this be possible with a water butt, or would I have to
put it on the roof to get the needed presure ?!

I would imagine you would need to put a pump on the supply to get enough
pressure. But why bother, a lawn may look a bit brown and dry in a hot
spell, but come the rain it soon recovers. And at the time the lawn
would need it would a butt have enough water to be worthwhile?
Sprinklers use fair bit.

Fair point. However, the turf was only put down in Feb, so I want to
make sure it get a good drink when it needs it this year. I may be a
little more tight with the water next year.