Old 03-05-2006, 10:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Loki

Default Are you guys into nutrition?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Do you grow veggies and fruits for the nutrition? That's why I'm doing
it (except for the blackberries). If I eat only junk food, I have no
energy and I feel terrible. Eating healthy is the only way I can get my
energy back. It's also the key to fighting depression. I used to have
chronic, severe depression until started eating fresh, raw vegetables
and fish oil pills.

I read that old age begins at age 27-35 because that's when your body
drastically reduces the amount of enzymes it produces, but you can get
those enzymes from fruits and vegetables and especially sprouts.

I garden organically because it's the cheapest way to obtain organic
produce. It's not totally organic as I cannot always find the seed I
want but I do what I can.

It's not about the sort of trendy "nutrition" bit you are talking about
it works for me.

Ever notice how many folks are destroying their bodies in the name
of "health"?

Loki