Old 03-05-2006, 01:13 PM posted to austin.gardening
carol k

Default My lawn looks crappy - any suggestions?

On Tue, 02 May 2006 22:09:55 GMT, Jangchub wrote:

If anything, I'd spend my money on a good dethatching procedure and
make sure you water very deeply every five days and the grass will
fill in. You can cut your own plugs and put them into the areas where
there is no turf now. After you water it well for a few weeks,
fertilize it with a quality product. For turf I like Bradfield
alfalfa pellets, but Sustane or Lady Bug is also a great product.

If you continue to mow regularly, water deeply and fertilize it, you
will fast have a lovely lawn.

What's considered a good dethatching procedure for my lawn? And how
much do you think it would cost?