Old 03-05-2006, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

Default 40mm hose and hose mender

"David Cooper" wrote in message
Does anyone know where in the UK I can purchase 40mm corrugated
hose and 40mm hose menders?

These must be genuine 40mm and not 1 ½ inches.

Thanks

David

Without wishing to state the obvious, but presumably you need a
supplier who stocks spares for the manufacturer of the
original hoses, you're trying to match up.

Presumably all European manufacturers - not necessarily
pond related, but people like Bosch for instance will
use metric sizes for one.

I notice you specified "in the UK". So keeping with Usenet
tradition, I'll suggest that there are probably plenty of
suppliers based in Europe who could supply what you're looking
for. And the postage on hoses which are relatively light as
compared with say pumps and the like, shouldn't be too onerous.

The problem may be that in the UK, Hozelock and one or two other
UK manufacturers maybe have the market sown up. And so nobody is
interested in stocking precise metric sizes for which there is
no real demand. But that's only a guess.

michael adams