Old 02-05-2006, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Cooper

Default 40mm hose and hose mender

Does anyone know where in the UK I can purchase 40mm corrugated hose and
40mm hose menders?

These must be genuine 40mm and not 1 ½ inches.

Thanks

David

Old 02-05-2006, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"David Cooper" wrote ...
Does anyone know where in the UK I can purchase 40mm corrugated hose and
40mm hose menders?

These must be genuine 40mm and not 1 ½ inches.

http://www.bradshawsdirect.co.uk/Bra...product/PL.htm
sell the hose if you click on "Select" so should also sell the connectors
etc.
maybe a phone call will find out if it is genuine 40mm etc.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 02-05-2006, 11:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
VX

On Tue, 2 May 2006 18:54:23 +0100, David Cooper wrote
(in message ):

Does anyone know where in the UK I can purchase 40mm corrugated hose and
40mm hose menders?

These must be genuine 40mm and not 1 ½ inches.

Thanks

David

Here's a very professional-looking company that sells a LOT of different
kinds of hose and fittings, more than I would have believed existed- might be
worth a look.

http://www.desihose.com/default.asp

--
VX (remove alcohol for email)

Old 03-05-2006, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Cooper

Bob,

Thanks, but they are not metric and they believe that 1 1/2 " (38.1mm) is
the same as 40mm.

David

"David Cooper" wrote ...

Old 03-05-2006, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
michael adams

"David Cooper" wrote in message
Does anyone know where in the UK I can purchase 40mm corrugated
hose and 40mm hose menders?

These must be genuine 40mm and not 1 ½ inches.

Thanks

David

Without wishing to state the obvious, but presumably you need a
supplier who stocks spares for the manufacturer of the
original hoses, you're trying to match up.

Presumably all European manufacturers - not necessarily
pond related, but people like Bosch for instance will
use metric sizes for one.

I notice you specified "in the UK". So keeping with Usenet
tradition, I'll suggest that there are probably plenty of
suppliers based in Europe who could supply what you're looking
for. And the postage on hoses which are relatively light as
compared with say pumps and the like, shouldn't be too onerous.

The problem may be that in the UK, Hozelock and one or two other
UK manufacturers maybe have the market sown up. And so nobody is
interested in stocking precise metric sizes for which there is
no real demand. But that's only a guess.

michael adams

Old 03-05-2006, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden

"David Cooper" wrote after
Bob replied to him,

Does anyone know where in the UK I can purchase 40mm corrugated hose and
40mm hose menders?

These must be genuine 40mm and not 1 ½ inches.

http://www.bradshawsdirect.co.uk/Bra...product/PL.htm
sell the hose if you click on "Select" so should also sell the connectors
etc.
maybe a phone call will find out if it is genuine 40mm etc.

Thanks, but they are not metric and they believe that 1 1/2 " (38.1mm) is
the same as 40mm.

That's helpful, wonder why they quote it in metric when it isn't metric
hose. Very frustrating.
Lots of water pumps including pond pumps come from the EU so there should be
a ready market for the true continental sizes.

Anyway these people say they stock connectors etc at 40mm, but if the above
firm muck about these people might too.
http://www.everyvalve.co.uk/page28.html

All these people also say they sell 40mm hose...
http://www.watergardeningdirect.com/...g/sitemap.html
(they sell 38mm and 40mm)

http://www.allplaz.com/acatalog/wire...lack_hose.html

http://www.pondsuperstores.com/index...b9e7d5104e533c